a blog to trace the pathway of students in his/iar552 at the university of north carolina at greensboro

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Helvetica

I thought it was interesting they way that they suggested the influence of the font. I had never thought about it. I never thought about the font choice, as a historian, I like a box that has times new roman, which is familiar to me because of the books that I research from. It is a jump for me to use helvetica and notice the font that I use.
Ever since watching this film, I have been way more aware of the typeface and everywhere that it shows up. I have been taking all the signs in, and I have noticed that stores can italicise it, make it bigger, bolder, smaller, thinner, but they are still helvetica. In an age where we like individualization, we find comfort in being similar. Even with globalization, where choice defines everything, we like similarity. It is funny to me that even with the Macs and design technology available, we like the comfort of the font.

No comments:

Post a Comment